using threads

From: Andrew Wong <wong@powertv.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 14:05:42 -0800
To: www-lib@w3.org
Hi,

I'm trying to write a simple testing tool, which will simultaneously fetch
pages from different URLs, using libwww.

Therefore I tried to modify showlinks.c. I moved all the original code in
main() to a procedure, showlinks(). Inside main(), pthread_create() is
called to run showlinks() and then it waits for the thread to terminate by
calling pthread_join().

However, this simple modification doesn't seem to work and I don't know why.
I traced the code in GDB and it failed at HTTCP.c:280 connect() Does this
have anything to do with I/O multiplexing in libwww? It's very helpful if
you could give me some advice. I am using verison 5.26.

Thanks!!!

Andrew