Re: Sending headers

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 15:58:13 -0500
To: www-lib@w3.org
To: Jim_Ravan@avid.com

Jim_Ravan@avid.com wrote:

> Of course, if you only have one cookie to generate, you don't need the
> before filters. Just stick the value in a static and do it all in the
> HTPostCallback. But I expect most applications need to generate more than
> one type of cookie. All this would be much simpler, and threadable, if the
> generator had a context parameter. Ah well.

Yes, I agree. The reason why I haven't made a better API for handling
adding headers is that I generally don't like the idea of just adding
arbitrary headers. Instead, I hope to soon be able to move to the HTTP
extension framework which allow for much more flexible extensions:

	http://www.w3.org/Protocols/HTTP/ietf-http-ext/

http://www.w3.org/People/Frystyk