Problem with Enterprise Server not returning Content-Length.

From: Abe Lederman <lederman@roadrunner.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 23:59:34 -0500 (EST)
To: www-lib@w3.org

I'm running into a problem where I request a URL (a CGI script that returns
a cookie) from a Netscape Enterprise Server 3.0.

The server doesn't return a content-length, libwww reads a number of packets,
after it has received all the data, the Netscape server closes the connection,
(or at least ignores additional requests) and libwww times out after about
15-20 seconds.

Everything works fine except it takes 15-20 seconds to get a URL.

This problem doesn't occur with the newest version of the Enterprise Server.

Has anyone heard of this problem? Is there a work around?

Thanks for any help,

Abe