Re: Bug in webbot ?

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 1999 15:04:06 -0500
To: John Punin <puninj@cs.rpi.edu>, fabrice.desre@cnet.francetelecom.fr (Fabrice DESRE - FT.BD/CNET/DSM/GRI)
Cc: www-lib@w3.org, daniel.veillard@w3.org
At 14:34 3/3/99 -0500, John Punin wrote:

>>  I've found something strange in webbot : hit count and title logs
>> are never generated by the bot.
>>
>>  The problem is in calculate_statistics() (from HTRobot.c) :
>>  The call : TArray * array = HTAnchor_getArray(total_docs);
>> always returns a NULL array.
>> I've looked at the source of HTAnchor_getArray(), but I have no
>> idea why it returns NULL at this step.
>>
>>  Any suggestion ?
>>
>> 	Fabrice
>>

>Hi
>I found that bug yesterday too and I am trying to figure out the problem.
>The flag v is not working for me either.

I just found that it is because the library is shut down just before - this
cleans out the anchors. Please see this patch at

	http://dev.w3.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/libwww/Robot/src/HTRobot.c

And enjoy our cool new cvs-web interface that Daniel Veillard has been so
kind to set up!

http://www.w3.org/People/Frystyk