problems with expat

From: Raffaele Sena <raff@nuvomedia.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 15:46:46 -0800 (PST)
To: www-lib <www-lib@w3.org>

Hi all,

I found a couple of problems in building libwww 5.2.6 with expat/XML
on Linux.

First, and this I'm not sure it's really a libwww/expat problem, but
I never had it with any other package, libtool (aarrrgh!!! libtool again!)
does not seem to like '~' in $PATH. My $PATH was like PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:~/bin
and this made libtool crashing when installing expat (as if ~ was changed
into a newline in one of the regular expression where $PATH is used). I
changed ~/bin into /home/raff/bin and everything went fine from there.

Second, the installation for expat only install the libraries but not
the include files. And HTXML.h includes xmlparse.h (for XML_Parsers ?).
I manually copied xmlparse.h in /usr/local/include and that did the trick.

-- Raffaele

Raffaele Sena
Senior Software Engineer ( "THE" Linux Guy :)
NuvoMedia, Inc.
310 Villa Street
Mt. View, CA 94041
Main:   +1.650.314.1200