Re: Simple HTML Parser.

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 11:01:35 -0500
To: Alexey Kakunin <small@star.spb.ru>, "www-lib@w3.org" <www-lib@w3.org>
At 14:10 2/25/99 +0300, Alexey Kakunin wrote:
>I am very new in libWWW and I have some questions. If these questions
>from faq - please send me link to the faq.
>So, I need to parse HTML files. These files on local machine, so I does
>not need any protocol.
>I have downloaded libwww 5.2.1, and have compiled it with MSVC 5.0.
>Compilation was ok.
>Then, I got showtext.c. And compilation fails, because it not founds
>HTProfile_newHTMLNoCacheClient and HText_registerTextCallback functions.
>So, my questions:
>1. What should I to do for compiling showtext.c with MSVC 5.0?

You need to get the latest 5.2.6 (or get it directly from CVS) in order to
get the show*.c files.

After you have compiled it, try something like

	showtags file://C/Projects/libwww/INSTALL.html

>2. As I understand, HTProfile_newHTMLNoCacheClient creates client with
>supporting HTTP and many others. I do not need it. How to create simple
>client with only HTML parser, and load local file?

Profiles are for common options - if you need specialized initializations
then you have to do it by hand. You can see how the tiny sample app
carefully selects what it needs and nothing more.

linked from