Expat XML parser is now fully in libwww!

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 21:17:55 -0500
To: www-lib@w3.org

Thanks to John Punin for a lot of great help and excellent work we now have
the expat parser integrated into libwww! I have included it as a new
"module" under

	libwww/modules/

On Unix, the expat parser is compiled as two libraries - on Windows, I use
the DLLs provided by James Clark.

For more information, see

	http://www.w3.org/Library/src/HTXML.html

The XML parser is automatically registered to handle text/xml and
application/xml.

At the same time I have fixed the problems with the console tools when
compiling in msvc - at least chunk and chunkbody now work as expected.

There are also a new set of msvc make files available at

	http://www.w3.org/Library/Distribution/libwww-win32.zip
see
	http://www.w3.org/INSTALL.html#Windows

for more information.

In order to get the changes, follow the instructions at

	http://www.w3.org/Library/cvs.html#update

and compile according to

	http://www.w3.org/Library/cvs.html#Easy

you can of course also see the latest edits at

	http://www.w3.org/Library/Changes

Have fun,

http://www.w3.org/People/Frystyk