Re: socks5

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 18:10:32 -0500
To: James Gallagher <jimg@dcz.dods.org>, www-lib@w3.org
At 16:55 2/17/99 -0500, James Gallagher wrote:

>Has anyone used socks5 with libwww? I've been using libwww for several years,
>but I'm a novice with socks; does libwww's proxy support overlap with socks?
>Since up till now, our software has been used only within the confines of
>universities, we've not had to deal with firewalls and such.

It's funny - I tried to compile libwww with socks support just the other
day and it seemed to work fine (at least on Unix - haven't tried on wintel).

It made the right connection attempts but as I don't have a socks server, I
couldn't test it all the way.

Compiling with socks is described in

	http://www.w3.org/INSTALL.html

http://www.w3.org/People/Frystyk