Robot constraints expressed as RDF parser using Expat

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 1999 12:57:05 -0500
To: John Punin <puninj@cs.rpi.edu>, eric@w3.org, Bob Racko <bobr@dprc.net>
Cc: www-lib@w3.org

From a discussion on adding support for following redirections in the robot
we started talking about how to express the robot constraints as RDF.

>> * Would you ever want to check only a few redirection codes, like for
>> example temporary codes? In that case, it may require a combined command
>> line option, like for example "-redir 302" where "-redir" by itself would
>> mean all codes.
>>
>It sounds very good. How we can handle two codes?.

What I would really like to do for the robot is to have the constraints
expressed as a blob of RDF where you can express more rich constraints
including under what circumstances to follow redirections, etc. etc.

As RDF uses XML, this ties into the integration of expat that I think Bob
Racko is working on - the rough initial version of this integration which I
provided still needs some work:

	http://www.w3.org/Library/src/HTXML.html

Has anyone written an RDF parser based on expat? Would anybody like to help
doing this?

http://www.w3.org/People/Frystyk