Re: AS/400 build?

From: Flash Braden <anathema@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 21:42:12 -0800
To: www-lib@w3.org
Henrik,

The AS/400 is IBM's "almost-mainframe".  It ranges in
size from desktop to mainframe big but it is not even
remotely related to Unix.  All its compilers emit p-code
and share common interfaces and linkages, so a
programmer can write an application in half a dozen
languages without compatibility problems.  That's the
good news.  The bad news is that the hardware and the
machine instruction set are well concealed from all but
the kernel guys at IBM.  Any socket set will have to come
from IBM.  Having said that, my guess is they have one...

cheers,

-Flash->

Henrik Frystyk Nielsen wrote:

> Libwww has been built on almost any Unix platform you can imagine including
> AIX (which I think is related, right?) - although not all of them recently.
> That is why I don't write that it supports all these Unix variants as I
> don't know whether they are broken or not. However, most commonly it is
> really only minor problems that may occur when new features are added.
>
> Also, it often depend on whether the latest versions of automake, autoconf,
> and libtool work on these platforms.
>
> Have you tried?

C. C. -Flash-> Braden,  linkmaster:
http://www.freecitizen.com/