Re: AS/400 build?

At 09:34 1/13/99 -0500, swalch@cisoft.com wrote:
>The AS/400 (with the OS/400 operation system) is not listed as a supported
>platform for www-lib.  I am curious to know if anyone has attempted to do a
>port and what issues they encountered.  Failing that, I was wondering if
>anyone could suggest a good alternative HTTP client library for that
>platform.

Libwww has been built on almost any Unix platform you can imagine including
AIX (which I think is related, right?) - although not all of them recently.
That is why I don't write that it supports all these Unix variants as I
don't know whether they are broken or not. However, most commonly it is
really only minor problems that may occur when new features are added.

Also, it often depend on whether the latest versions of automake, autoconf,
and libtool work on these platforms.

Have you tried?

Henrik
--