Re: libwww statistics

At 09:19 1/11/99 EST, Mikhail Grouchinski wrote:

>In my application I need to collect detailed statistics.
>What is the best way of doing this with libwww?
>
>The application should dump statistics to a file including:

Currently you can get some of them - especially the libwww robot uses these
statistics and can log them in various ways, see

	http://www.w3.org/Robot/User/CommandLine.html

The code for handling this in the robot is in

	http://www.w3.org/Robot/src/HTRobot.c

>1.  number of active requests, pending requests

This is not currently exposed but the number of issued requests vs number
of finished requests can readily be obtained (the robot does this for
example).

>2.  requests made (all, GET, POST),
>3.  successful requests (all, GET, POST),
>4.  timed-out requests

The result of requests including whether they timed out are all passed to
the after filters.

>5.  average response time,

The request contains the time stamp for when it was started, see

	http://www.w3.org/Library/src/HTReq.html

section "Date and Time Stamp when Request was Issued".

>6.  average message sent size,
>7.  bytes sent,  bytes received

This can also be done in the after filter

>8.  DNS unresolved requests

The request will then terminate in an error and the after filter will be
called.

Henrik
--
Henrik Frystyk Nielsen,