Re: Re: Event Loops?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Forwarded message 1

  • From: GremlinSof@aol.com <GremlinSof@aol.com>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 01:19:16 EST
  • Subject: Re: Event Loops?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
  • To: frystyk@w3.org

<< Hmm, you need to be more precise in what it is you don't understand. Try
 and run the examples you find at

 	http://www.w3.org/Library/Examples/
 	Libwww Ready to go Samples

 especially at

 	http://www.w3.org/Library/Examples/#serve
 and
 	http://www.w3.org/Library/Examples/#event

 Also, there must be others who are using libwww for handling server CGI
 interactions - it would be extremely useful if we could get a small
 sample app reading the CGI input and do something simple with it.

 Any takers?

 Henrik

well this what i don't get, see i know understable eventloops, just not the
wwwlib event loop.  I don't understand a thing about it.  I think some how it
goes throw the request list and does them all but i never see more than one
request on the list at a time and i don't understand the call back terminator.
Also i have this code writen

for(;;)
 {
  showMenu();
  cin >> cmd;
  if(cmd == 'Q' || cmd == 'q') break;
  command(toupper(cmd));
 }

if i stick an your eventloop in it it will get stuck untill the superuser
types in a letter, i want them to run at the same time but i don't want
seprate programs because i am afraid of securtiy breaches