Re: Invoking a request from within an after filter

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 10:53:12 -0400
To: www-lib@w3.org
To: Yuval Krymolowski <yuvalk@macs.biu.ac.il>
Yuval Krymolowski wrote:

>  In the after filter of a request, I create a new request
>  and issue it using HTLoad.
>
>  It doesn't work, although the HTLoad returns '1'.
>  The same code worked when I just issued the requests one after the
>  other. It runs on NT.

You should be able to start new requests from within filters without
problems. Could it be that you exit the event loop or some sort?

>  Actually, one requests gets the HEAD (for last access date) and the other
>  gets the HTML data through the HTML parser.
>  Could some one please send a small example of such request nesting, or
>  a simpler way of getting HEAD+parsed HTML ?

On any request, the header information is stored in the response object
and also for a longer time in the anchor object. You can see how to get
the headers in

	http://www.w3.org/Library/Examples/getheaders.c

and how to set up the HTML parser in the sample apps at

	http://www.w3.org/Library/Examples/#HTML

World Wide Web Consortium, MIT/LCS NE43-356