Re: Expat XML question

From: <jose.kahan@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 09:49:38 +0200 (MET DST)
To: callum@muse3d.com (Callum Prentice)
Cc: www-lib@w3.org
In our previous episode, Callum Prentice said:

> Further info:
>
> Now my app (same as showtext) seems to require all of the www*.dll's - even
> ones like wwwgophe.dll. Is there a way to only require a minimal set of
> files?

I've been there too. The problem came from my using some of the
functions in HTInit.c. When you include HTInit.h, you get lots of external
declarations included too. Then you're forced to include all that's
referenced inside HTInit.c, such as gopher, ftp, ...

My solution was to define a module of my own, in my application space,
that copied the functions I needed from HTInit.c, together with its
.h file. I stopped using HTInit.c and didn't compile the libwww*.a where
it was included. Things started working at that point.

-Jose