basic authentication broken on Windows

From: Raffaele Sena <raff@nuvomedia.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 16:03:04 -0700
To: "libwww" <www-lib@w3.org>
Hi,

I seem to have problems with protected pages using the latest sources from
CVS.

I tried the ComLine application on Linux and it correctly ask me for a login
and password after I access a protected page, but ComLine on Windows just
terminate
and so does WinCom.

I'm sure this was working some time ago (because I added and tested the basic
authentication support to my application) but I don't seem to be able to find
out that version so I don't know when it stopped working.

The only thing I can see is that the HTAlert callback is not called,
even after HTTP receives a 401 error code.

Anybody has an idea of what is changed ?

Thanks,

    Raffaele