Keep-alive problem

From: Michael Sierchio <Msierchio@RSA.com>
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 11:01:11 -0700
To: "'www-lib@w3.org'" <www-lib@w3.org>

Following w3c as an example, I have been trying to produce a programmatic
interface
to: POSTing url-encoded form and getting the response code,  possibly with
HTML
response.  The problem I am having is that if the server sends a response
header
with a "Connection: keep-alive" header,  and I set the
HTRequest_setOuputFormat()
to "www/void" (WWW_RAW),  the returned page becomes available immediately
but the event loop waits (blocks) -- either until the server timeout value
is reached,
or the client timeout is reached (in which case an error occurs, even if the
POST
was accepted and a response received).

I'd be most grateful for illumination on this topic -- I'd like to get this
nailed down before
I attempt to get my arms around using SSL as a transport.

Thanks,

Michael Sierchio