Committed a small patch to better handle recovery when server sends wrong content length

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 03 May 1999 12:10:59 -0400
To: www-lib@w3.org

In some cases, servers may send wrong content length of messages - even
when they claim to be using HTTP/1.1 and pipelining. This obviously
confuses libwww which relies on excat content length in order to do

Currently, libwww recovers the pipeline and reverts to HTTP/0.9 as it
has no guarantee that it can trust the server any more. However, it
seems that I forgot to free a timer that could be triggered after the
problem started. I have applied a small patch which makes sure that the
timer is indeed deleted as expected and the program can continue as

You can see the patch at

Please check it out as described in

World Wide Web Consortium, MIT/LCS NE43-356