W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-lib@w3.org > April to June 1999

Re: config failure in modules

From: Rick Kwan <kenobi@coruscant.lightsaber.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 10:41:00 -0700
Message-Id: <199904231741.KAA08529@coruscant.lightsaber.com>
To: jose.kahan@w3.org
Cc: www-lib@w3.org
Jose,

I tried this; it didn't work.  I then wiped out my modules directory,
including removing it from libwww/CVS/Entries; didn't work.  I got
generated Makefiles in modules of zero length.

I've finally resorted to pulling a fresh tree out of CVS, and going
thru bootstrap.  This time, the Makefiles seem to be fine.

Strangely, I did have a working modules subdir, and was linking the
xml components.  Before I wiped out my modules directory, I diffed
my whole libwww tree against the latest tarball.  The only thing
I found was Makefile.in was not being generated.  When I finally
got it to generate, Makefile came out zero length.  But I have no
clue as to why.

At this point, with a fresh tree from CVS, I don't expect this
to recur.  (Or if it does... everyone will get it. :-)

Now at some point, I'm going to get back to the line mode browser...

--Rick Kwan, Lightsaber Computing
  rick.kwan@lightsaber.com

> From Jose.Kahan@inrialpes.fr  Fri Apr 23 06:03:03 1999
> Subject: Re: config failure in modules
> To: kenobi@coruscant.lightsaber.com (Rick Kwan)
> Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 09:56:57 +0200 (MET DST)
> Cc: www-lib@w3.org
> From: jose.kahan@w3.org
>
> Rick,
>
> Try cd'ing to the directory on top of libwww and then do a:
> 	
> 	co libwww/modules
>
> I think that you were using libwww from CVS since before the modules/ was
> added. Thus, your cvs update hasn't seen it yet.
>
> -Jose
>
Received on Friday, 23 April 1999 13:26:47 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 23 April 2007 18:18:29 GMT