Re: Size of chunks in ToChunk methods?

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 1999 08:14:47 -0400
To: www-lib@w3.org
To: Dave <dhorner@med-web.com>

> Dave wrote:
> Is the chunk created by:
> chunk = HTLoadAnchorToChunk(anchor, request);
> The size of the file being requested?
> Is there any way to grab the requested file by lines or by buffer?
> I have looked at the source and it looks like you malloc the whole
> file into memory?!
> Could this be a problem with big files (100's of megs)?

Yes indeed - and also you have to wait for the whole thing to come in.
If you want to use "progressive rendering" of a document then you have
to use streams instead of the chunk version

As an example of using streams, the sample app

linked from

in fact uses streams because the HTLoadFile() in

uses streams.