Building libwww under MSVC

From: <Jim_Ravan@avid.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1999 11:14:51 -0500
To: www-lib@w3.org

Did I do this correctly? In order to compile the latest CVS libwww under
Windows NT, I downloaded
http://www.w3.org/Library/Distribution/libwww-win32.zip. Then I unzipped it
into the libwww directory. Then I used the world.dsw workspace to compile
everything. This seemed to be the correct thing to do and it seemed to
mostly work. I was confused by the comment on
http://www.w3.org/INSTALL.html#Windows that said:

     "If using the CVS tree, then you can get a version which is in sync
with the latest CVS sourcetree."

Unfortunately, there is no further comment as to how to get the MSVC
workspace and projects from CVS. They don't seem to come automatically when
doing a checkout of libwww. Is there a way to get them from CVS?

Also, the current dsw package seems to be MSVC Version 5. Is this correct?
If so, why does MSVC complain as follows?

     Command line warning D4002 : ignoring unknown option '/ZI'

Further, I tried to convert the world.dsw workspace to MSVC Version 6
format, but was unable to do to so. After converting all the projects, MSVC
complained that the workspace could not be modified due to a "sharing
violation". Can anyone explain this?

regards,
-jim