Libwww rules files

At 20:12 20/10/1998 -0000, Edward Gaere wrote:
>I am trying to use the comline program to read any page using a proxy
server using the following syntax:

>	comline -r<options.txt> http://www.yyy.zzz

You need to put a space between the -r and the file name - otherwise it
thinks that the URI is the file name. Also, I have now linked the syntax
for the rule file of the comline command line options:

	http://www.w3.org/ComLine/User/CommandLine.html#Other

It now says:

Rule file, a.k.a. configuration file is a set of rules and configuration
options that can be used to map URLs, and to set up other aspects of the
behavior of the command line tool. Note that the address must be specified
as a URI - and in fact it can be located on HTTP servers etc. as need be.
File URIs are parsed relative to the current folder, so a rule file address
of "rules.conf" will point to a file in the location where this tool it
started. If a local file then the file suffix must be ".conf" - otherwise
the media type must be application/x-www-rules.

>the options.txt file contains the following
>
>	Proxy http http://xxx.ms.com/

I had to change a line in the command line tool so that it can suck up the
rules file automatically without asking the user. The patches are at

http://dev.w3.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/libwww/ComLine/src/HTLine.c?r1=1.47&r2=1.48

http://dev.w3.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/libwww/ComLine/src/HTLine.c?r1=1.48&r2=1.49

If you get the code directly from CVS then you can just recompile. If now
then you can also just set an environment variable for setting proxies:

	http://www.w3.org/Library/User/Using/Proxy.html

Henrik
--
Henrik Frystyk Nielsen,