Re: Problems with GET in event loop

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 12:14:41 -0500
To: www-lib@w3.org
To: olga <olga@goliath.eai.com>

olga wrote:
> I found the problem. In HTLoadToFile the file pointer was closed earlier than
> anything was written to file. Then writing to the file failed. So I just
> commented out the closing of the file pointer in HTLoadToFile (HTAccess.c) and
> took care of that in the application.
>
> Why it wrote the cache twice I have no idea - it doens't do it after it writes
> in file normally.

Great - I am wondering what the problem is so that we can fix it. I
think the code in HTAccess.c HTLoadToFile(...) may cause the file to be
closed twice (the handling of closing streams were changed some time
ago). However, what I don't understand is why using non blocking sockets
and the event loop would change that

        /* Set the output stream and start the request */
        HTRequest_setOutputFormat(request, WWW_SOURCE);
        HTRequest_setOutputStream(request, HTFWriter_new(request, fp,
NO));
        if (HTLoadAbsolute(url, request) == NO) {
            fclose(fp);				<---- here
            return NO;
        } else
            return YES;