Re: Pragmae

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 21:04:43 -0500
To: www-lib@w3.org
To: Jim_Ravan@avid.com

Jim_Ravan@avid.com wrote:

> I need to add Pragma headers that my server applications understand. We
> have certain information that must be passed between client and server and
> that is done with Pragma headers. How can I go about implementing and
> response pragmae?

Pragma header field can not be extended in libwww. However, you can
introduce other header fields if you like - libwww has several ways of
doing this:

	http://www.w3.org/Library/User/Using/MIME.html

It can also be set directly in the request object, see the description
in

	http://www.w3.org/Library/src/HTReq.html

Extra Headers

Extra header information can be send along with a request using this
variable. The text is sent as is so it must be preformatted with <CRLF>
line terminators.
This will get changed at some point so that you can register a header
together with a handler in the MIME parser.

extern void HTRequest_setGenerator (HTRequest *request, HTList *gens,
                                    BOOL override);
extern HTList * HTRequest_generator (HTRequest *request, BOOL
*override);