Re: Total length?

Jim_Ravan@avid.com wrote:

> I guess another way of fixing this problem would be to find a way to know
> when
> the server had ignored my range request. If there is no way to know the
> *total* length of a URL, is there a way to know when a range request is
> ignored?

I have added a bit of code to the terminate handler of the range sample
program to show how you can get the ranges and how you can distinguish
whether you got a partial response or not.

  http://www.w3.org/Library/Examples/range.c

From the ranges, it is easy to get the total length (the number after
the "/"). I also had to change a minor thing in the libwww HTResponse
code as it didn't allow for multiple ranges with the same unit. The
patch is at

http://dev.w3.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/libwww/Library/src/HTResponse.c?r1=2.9&r2=2.10

It's all in CVS as usual:

  http://www.w3.org/Library/cvs.html#update