Re: Range requests to/from memory

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 13:20:17 -0500
To: Jim_Ravan@avid.com, www-lib@w3.org
At 12:23 12/16/98 -0500, Jim_Ravan@avid.com wrote:

>Well, I think I understand why ranges didn't work. But if I'm correct, I
>can't understand how the example program, range.c, works. HTTPReq.c formats
>the HTTP stream for output. In routine HTTPMakeRequest(), the relevant code
>reads:

You are right, I added this piece of code to the request class when writing
the range sample app. I may have forgotten to send out a notice to that
respect - you can find the log at

http://dev.w3.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/libwww/Library/src/HTReqMan.c?r1=2.72&r2=2.73

linked from

  http://dev.w3.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/libwww/Library/src/HTReqMan.c

After that, HTLine doesn't have to set HT_C_RANGE anymore.

Does CVS work on mac? If so then it may be worth getting libwww sirectly
from CVS - otherwise, you can get snapshot from

	http://www.w3.org/Library/cvs.html

http://www.w3.org/People/Frystyk