RE: Multiple POSTs

From: olga <olga@goliath.eai.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 12:11:28 -0600 (CST)
To: www-lib@w3.org

Thanks for answering.

On 16-Dec-98 Henrik Frystyk Nielsen wrote:
> olga wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I am wondering if I am totally on the wrong track using w3c?
> Issuing new requests from the filters are perfectly valid - the Web
> commander in fact does this. This is a useful way to "serialize"
> asynchronous requests: first do this, when done then do that, etc.
> I have added a (quick) and small event loop sample app which you can get
> at
>       http://www.w3.org/Library/Examples/eventloop.c
it answers "URL not found"

> linked from
>       http://www.w3.org/Library/Examples/#event
> The code is of course also in CVS - get it from
>       http://www.w3.org/Library/cvs.html#update
> Whenever the user hits a key, the program fetches the same URI. Only if
> the user hits "q" does it exit.
>>         - Too much of functionality for the after-filter (sounds like "work
>>           around" the problem instead of clean way of doing things)
> You can always start new requests in libwww but if you don't want to
> serialize things then using the filters is the right thing. This goes

What do you mean by serializing things? I just do not know how to start a new
request other then from inside the termination callback. The application just
hangs once it enters the event loop. There is no other hook except an after
filter, is there?

I guess my major question was do I have to write the server as a separate
executable from the rest of the application? Is there a way to avoid this if I
want to use mixed GET, POST, PUT request comming from the client in unpredicted
order at unpredicted times?

Please answer this (above) question - that is what I am majorly confused with.
Is there an easier way to do it with w3c?

Olga Antropova.

E-Mail: olga <olga@eai.com>
Date: 16-Dec-98
Time: 12:09:43