Re: What url for an in-memory buffer?

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 14:37:08 -0500
To: www-lib@w3.org
To: Jim_Ravan@avid.com
Jim_Ravan@avid.com wrote:
> I'm writing a routine that PUTs a memory buffer using HTTP. It uses
> HTPutAbsolute() to do the work. That routine needs an anchor to represent
> the memory buffer. The code looks something like:

I have a special function which dreams up an anchor for this purpose:

defined in

The idea of making is a local file anchor is that editors then can make
backup copies at that location. You can see an example of how to use
this in the post example

which is very similar to what you want - the only difference is that it
uses POST and not PUT.