Re: What url for an in-memory buffer?

Jim_Ravan@avid.com wrote:

> I'm writing a routine that PUTs a memory buffer using HTTP. It uses
> HTPutAbsolute() to do the work. That routine needs an anchor to represent
> the memory buffer. The code looks something like:

I have a special function which dreams up an anchor for this purpose:

	HTTmpAnchor(...)

defined in

	http://www.w3.org/Library/src/HTHome.html

The idea of making is a local file anchor is that editors then can make
backup copies at that location. You can see an example of how to use
this in the post example

	http://www.w3.org/Library/Examples/post.c

which is very similar to what you want - the only difference is that it
uses POST and not PUT.

Henrik

--
Henrik Frystyk Nielsen,