Re: post help

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 10:14:19 -0500
To: EALTER@mail.wshs.fcps.k12.va.us, www-lib@w3.org
At 09:17 12/14/98 EST, EALTER@mail.wshs.fcps.k12.va.us wrote:
><GremlinSof@aol.com><my other email account>
>
>Well see this form post is part of a bigger program, basicly I don't
>know how to use POST at all, like how to you post things to text
>boxes,  change radio buttons and every other web thing, i just didn't
>see how to do them in the examples thats what i really need.

I think you are missing something - you don't post text to text boxes nor
to change radio buttons - you submit data to a web server gathered using an
HTML form.

For more information, please read one of the many form tutorials available
on the web, for example:

http://www.ncsa.uiuc.edu/SDG/Software/Mosaic/Docs/fill-out-forms/overview.ht
ml
>Also i
>need to know what they return. Because once i do them and hit the
>enter button i need the address back where post goes to

The postform example shows you exactly how to do this - you get the data
back in a chunk

	http://www.w3.org/Library/Examples/postform.c

>P.S. i don't want to complain cause this libary is free and great but
>if there is any way the sample programs and sample code could be
>changed and get better

That's why it is OpenSource so that you can help changing things!

http://www.w3.org/People/Frystyk