Re:Help me to compile my own program.

From: Krishna Vedati <krishnav@valicert.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 19:44:16 -0500 (EST)
To: jxl@guomai.sh.cn
CC: www-lib@w3.org

Jin Xinliang (on Tue, Nov 17/1998) writes:
  :Hi, all:
  :
  :Though i often write program in C and compile them with gcc, i am
  :not familar with the Makefile and configure script. Today, i got a
  :w3c-libwww and try to write a program and then compiled it. I used
  :the option -I and -L as below:
  :
  :$ gcc -I/usr/local/include/w3c-libwww -L/usr/local/lib -lwww myprogram.c
  :

>From the above command line you are assuming:

	w3lib is installed in  /usr/local/lib
			and
	include files are in  /usr/local/include/w3c-libwww

	and asking gcc to generate a default executable a.out

please check all of the above , if you still can't succeed post the errors gcc has
generated and the exact command line.