Help me to compile my own program.

From: Jin Xinliang <jxl@guomai.sh.cn>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 03:47:34 -0500 (EST)
To: www-lib@w3.org
Hi, all:

Though i often write program in C and compile them with gcc, i am
not familar with the Makefile and configure script. Today, i got a
w3c-libwww and try to write a program and then compiled it. I used
the option -I and -L as below:

$ gcc -I/usr/local/include/w3c-libwww -L/usr/local/lib -lwww myprogram.c

The 'myprogram.c' is copied from www.w3.org, a simple example, i am sure
there is no error. But gcc give me many errors. So i think it is because
that i am not familar with the configure and Makefile. And reading them
is harding to me.

Anyone can help me to quick start to compile a simple program?

Thanks in advance!

Jin