Re: libwww-config

Henrik Frystyk Nielsen writes:

>>  Wouldn't it be a good idea to have a libwww-config in the style og
>> gtk-config and glib-config?
>>
>> It would make it easier to use libwww with programs that are
>> autoconf'ed.

> Can you show me what you mean? How does gtk-config set things up,
> for example?

> I am all for making things easier to use.

Gtk-config (and glib-config) is a small script that you can call with
options --libs and --cflags. It is installed when gtk is installed

To compile a gtk program you would use

gcc `gtk-config --cflags` program.c `gtk-config --libs`

On the system I am using at the moment I get

humulus:~% gtk-config --libs
-L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/X11/lib -R/usr/X11/lib -lgtk -lgdk -lglib -lXext -lX11 -lsocket -lnsl -lm

and

humulus:~% gtk-config --cflags
-I/usr/local/lib/glib/include -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/X11/include

Gtk-config is part of the gtk+ distribution, see
<URL:http://www.gtk.org/>.

Søren Sandmann