General questions

From: FOREST <laurent.forest@grenoble.sema.fr>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 12:13:56 -0500 (EST)
To: www-lib@w3.org
I am a beginner in libwww and I am confused (I have read the libwww architecture, overview, user's guide and some .h and .c files but I do not have yet an overall view of the library and of its possibilities). I have thousands of questions that I did not find the answers.
I do not know if a role of the libwww group is to help the beginners. If not, just disintegrate this mail. If yes, thanks in advance.

Here are some of my thousands questions :
1) Termination callbacks
-------------------------
1.1) HTNetAfter type
1.1.1) Does libwww checks the return value of a Callback ? If yes, what are the values a Callback can assign to the return code ?

1.1.2) What is the 'status' parameter of a Callback (the Protocol status ?) ?
What are the possible values of this 'status' ?

1.1.3) HTRequest_addAfter, 'override' parameter
What is the meaning of this parameter ?
I guess it is :
TRUE if I wish to replace the global filters by my Callback and FALSE if I wish to add a local filter (my Callback) to the global filters.
Am I right or wrong ?

2) Anchor
What is the role of this class (I know what is an anchor in an HTML document but I cannot see what is an anchor in the libwww) ?
Why some functions have an URI input parameter (eg HTLoadToChunk) while some others have an Anchor input parameter (eg HTPostFormAnchorToChunk) ?

3) EventList
Why has the HTEventList_loop function a 'request' parameter ?
The Event loop is not related to a given request but is common to all requests sent by the application. Right or wrong ?