Re: Feeding the webbot with a list of addresses to check

From: Carsten Heyl <heyl@nads.de>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 1998 13:11:28 +0200
To: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>
cc: www-lib@w3.org

>>This begs the issue of return-status. What does it mean to
>>try to fetch one or more documents and they fail to fetch
>>(or fail to parse, or fail to... ) ?
>
>Using a "logic engine" may not be a bad idea - then you can say things
>like: "get this document only of this and this document fails". Is there a
>logic parser out there (with and, or, negate for a start) and would this be
>a cool thing to do?

I think you may get cooler if adding tcl support to
do this kind of thing and a lot more.
What do you think? (Or is that already done and I missed it?)

Starting using tcl for basic structures and glueing
things together should not be much work.
I am sorry I can't do it due to lack of time :-(
I integrated tcl in a small program from scratch and
it was really easy to do.

>Thanks!
>
>Henrik
>--
>Henrik Frystyk Nielsen,
>World Wide Web Consortium
>http://www.w3.org/People/Frystyk

Ciao,
	Carsten Heyl

  Carsten Heyl                          Heyl@NADS.De
                                        NADS - Advertising on Nets
  NADS GmbH                             http://www.nads.de/
  Otto-Hahn-Str. 18                     http://www.pixelboxx.de/
D-44227 Dortmund                        Tel.: +49 231 975 123-0