can I download libwww binaries for intel NT?

From: Lynn Kasdorf <lkasdorf@pressroom.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 00:31:57 -0400 (EDT)
To: <www-lib@w3.org>
I am trying to find a way to get the libwww libraries for Intel NT 4 so I
can write a little C CGI program. Unfortunately, I have had very little luck
getting something usable from the W3C site.

I use Microsoft C++5. I have found what appears to be the source files, but
no instructions on how to compile the libraries. There is a make file, but
how do I use it? NMAKE does not understand it.

The W3C site is full of minutiae regarding various options, but nary a scrap
of instruction on what files to download, and how to compile them and how to
make a simple program.

There is lots of discussion of the CVS source (of course it doesn't really
say what this is- I assume it is some sort of version control system). I
have no interest in adding to the libwww code. I just want to write a very
simple program with it!

Isn't there some way that I can simply download linkable libraries or DLL's
without having to struggle through inscrutable documentation and compile the
whole doggone source?

Can anyone help?

Thanks-
Lynn Kasdorf