Re: W3C library install (for linemode browser)

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 00:29:59 -0400
To: Hugh Sasse <hgs@dmu.ac.uk>
Cc: www-lib@w3.org
At 10:26 9/17/98 +0100, Hugh Sasse wrote:
>I have confirmed that the www script is where I said, and I attach it
>below.

Ok - now I see what you mean. The script is generated by libtool and may
not work with all OS specific make programs. The solaris make is not
particlarly good and for other reasons you will probably have to use GNU
make as described in

	http://www.w3.org/INSTALL.html#Unix

> I have further confirmed that having installed www, when I
>invoke
>www -nocache http://www.eng.dmu.ac.uk/
>(for any url, in fact) it WILL create the cache directory.

Yes, but it stays empty, right?

http://www.w3.org/People/Frystyk