Proxy handling (was Connection time-out when running libapp_4)

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 1998 08:38:28 -0400
To: Vladimir Kozlov <Vladimir.Kozlov@idm.ru>, Francois VILMAIN <vilmain@cegelec-red.fr>
Cc: www-lib@w3.org
At 16:17 8/5/98 +0400, Vladimir Kozlov wrote:
>In the case you use proxy, you should set the environment
>
>set http_proxy=proxy.your.domain:port
>
>It works for me...

Regarding proxies, I really like the new regex capabilities in the proxy
setup:

	http://www.w3.org/Library/src/HTProxy.html

linked from

	http://www.w3.org/Library/User/ReleaseNotes.html

If you link against the GNU regex library, for example, then you can set up
proxy access so that a certain types of addresses go through one proxy and
another set of addresses go through another proxy or arbitrary other policies.

It would be nice if we could have the same for the rules mappings - they
are pretty dumb right now:

	http://www.w3.org/Library/src/HTRules.html

Both proxies and rule files are described as part of the User's Guide at

	http://www.w3.org/Library/User/Using/

Any takers?

http://www.w3.org/People/Frystyk