Connection time-out when running libapp_4 example.

From: François VILMAIN <vilmain@cegelec-red.fr>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 15:19:09 +0200
To: "'WWWlib'" <www-lib@w3.org>
Hi.

I'm using libwww in the following development environment : Visual C++ 4.1

I'm compiling the example application using : _DEBUG,_WIN32,_WINSOCKAPI,_CONSOLE,WWW_WIN_ASYNC
I'm compiling the library using : WWW_WIN_DLL,WWW_WIN_ASYNC,WIN32,_WINDOWS

Within the given libapp_4.c source file I added a call to HTEventInit in order to perform the WSAStartup and to
HTTrace_setCallback to write the execution trace to a file.

When I run this example (libapp_4 http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/ Result.txt), I have the following
execution trace :

Looking up www.w3.org
Contacting www.w3.org
HTDoConnect. Connect failed 183
Contacting www.w3.org
HTDoConnect. Connect failed 183
WARNING: Fatal Error: System replies (connect: No error)
Reason: System replies (connect: No error)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation.