Re: Building libwww & ComLine on Windows NT.

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 1998 05:30:37 +0300
To: Bob Racko <bobr@dprc.net>, Jeff Cochand <cochand@pobox.com>, www-lib@w3.org
At 16:15 6/6/98 -0400, Bob Racko wrote:

>yes. make the library first.

I have updated

	http://www.w3.org/INSTALL.html#Windows

to describe in which order to compile the various pieces.

>though commenting out sysdep.h everywhere
>is modifying too many files.
>it is easier to go back to the 5.1L release and get that one.
>if you cannot get a sysdep.h
>commenting it out is the same effect as having an empty one.

sysdep.h is now called wwwsys.h as the name clashed with other packages.
Don't comment it out - you need it.

>>I think zlib may have been corrupted by my CVS
>my copy was corrupted in the .zip file.
>I do not use CVs.

No, but I generate the distribution file from CVS and so that is how it got
corrupted.

>aah yes, another problem is that
>nmake requires some of the directories to already exist
>but an entirely empty directory doesnt always get created
>by the zipup utils. mkdir Bin\Debug fixed that for me. (note caps)

ok.

>I will be posting some bug fixes shortly.
>I myself am working with the robot
>but the problems are in HTfile and HTchunk
>so the would affect comline too.

Sounds good.

http://www.w3.org/People/Frystyk