RE: Need info & help

From: <Linus.Walleij@ecs.ericsson.se>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 08:58:28 +0200
To: www-lib@w3.org
> I having a problem with the command line tool with the get method. On
> some
> sites it works on some other especially with form values in the
> command line
> it returns the page but just hangs there indefnitely.
> It did some debug and ran it thro' the Visual C v5 debugger. It seems
> stuck
> waiting for a message to come back via GetMessage().

	I ran into this too. However I haven't had time and skills
	to isolate the problem in GetMessage(). There are two
	solutions, one stupid and one smart: a) install a "watchdog"
	to kill your process if it sticks too long. (That's no real
solution.)
	b) Compile and run libwww 5.1j instead. It works
	fine here, see if it solves your problem too. I have no ideas as
	to whether the problem was introduced in 5.1k or 5.1l
	unfortunately.

	Linus Walleij