[Q] converting %xy hex codes

From: John Soltys <jsol-is@seatimes.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 97 11:59:06 -0700
To: <www-lib@w3.org>
I've found that there is a functions I need to use in the libwww library
for decoding escaped characters (extern char * HTUnEscape (char * str)),
but I've been having trouble getting the library installed. Given that I
only want this single function, is there something simpler (and easier to
install) that I could use instead?

In the event there isn't, this is the error message I wind up with:

$ make
make all-recursive
Making all in config
make: Fatal error in reader: Makefile, line 77: Unexpected end of line
seen
Current working directory /raid/jsoltys/son/w3c-libwww-5.1b/config
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'
Current working directory /raid/jsoltys/son/w3c-libwww-5.1b
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive-am'

I'm trying to compile on Solaris 2.5.1. Any idea what's wrong?

---
John Soltys,
Seattle Times New Media