ChildAnchor in custom HText module question

From: Humayun Lari <hlari@larisoftware.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 97 00:13:39 -0500
To: <www-lib@w3.org>
I'm having trouble tracking down a problem with a custom HText module
I've created, using the standard HTML parser. Specifically, I don't
understand how to obtain the address of a ChildAnchor with an absolute
URL.

The test HTML file contains the following line:

     <A HREF="http://www.w3.org"> W3 </A>

When my custom HText_beginAnchor function is called, I call
HTAnchor_address(anc) to get the address of the provided anchor.
Unfortunately, the result is the address of the base file, rather than
the address of the anchor.

I traced the program flow into HTML_start_element, and I can see that the
href address is parsed correctly, but I am not clear on how the href
address is attached to the new ChildAnchor, since the ChildAnchor tag
field is unused.

When I call HTAnchor_address(anc), it returns the address of the *parent*
since the new ChildAnchor has no tag. Is this right?

If anyone who understands ChildAnchors could comment, I would appreciate
it.

Humayun Lari

 Apple Electrifier: the red-hot plug-in with the power of Mac OS Graphics
  LightningDraw Lite: the coolest web graphics application on the planet
      Get them FREE from www.electrifier.com and www.larisoftware.com

 Lari Software Inc.                            http://www.larisoftware.com
 Tel: 919-968-0701   Fax: 919-968-0801   Support: support@larisoftware.com
      For LightningDraw GX info, please e-mail sales@larisoftware.com