miniserv woes

From: David LaMacchia <dml@us.oracle.com>
Date: Tue Nov 5 00:04:38 1996
To: www-lib@w3.org

I've tried getting the 5.0a MiniServ to work under three different
platforms (sunos 4.1.4, hp-ux 10.1, NT3.51) and had no luck on any of
them.  I assume I must be missing something obvious, perhaps regarding
initialization, because I get the same results on each platform (and
others out there have said you've gotten it to work).  Basically, the
server will send the data for a request and then block.

Does anyone have a sample rules file they've used with a working

In FileCleanup(), it looks like when the call to delete_object() is
made that net->channel is NULL, so the socket that should be freed
isn't and instead blocks on the next cycle through the dispatch loop.

Has anyone had any luck with this?