Re: about output format of parser of lib

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 1996 14:05:34 -0500
To: Jiang Tao <jiangt@ceci.mit.edu>
Cc: W3C Lib <www-lib@w3.org>
Jiang Tao writes:
> Who can tell me which kind of output format
> is adopted by the HTML parser of lib v4.0?

The HTML _parser_ (HTML.c) produces a parsed output which can either be put to
the screen or directed to the outout stream of the request object. For
example, it can be to a file.

If you are thinking of the HTML _generator_ (HTMLGen.c) produces HTML markup.
The input to the HTML generator can for example be a FTP directory listing
which we want to convert into HTML before presenting it to the user. This is
done by the HTFTPDir and the HTDir modules.

Does this answer your question?