Re: HTInit.c on Windows

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 14:26:06 -0400
To: Gunnar R|nning <gunnar@candleweb.no>
Cc: www-lib@w3.org
Gunnar R|nning writes:
> I'm just tried to compile the latest version of the library with MSVC 4.0
> and things seems to work fine except :
>
> why isn't HTInit.c part of any DLL ? Should I just do a static-link with
> it, or is its' omission from the DLLs a bug ?
>
> let's see, aha, it's done in order to reduce the application size, right ?
> So the right thing for me to do is to duplicate those initializtion
> functions I need from HTInit and leave the rest out.

Yep - you got it :-) The initialization interface (WWWInit) is _not_ a DLL
as it is really a part of the application ans as you say it includes the
whole library - even if the application doesn't use it. Therefore, you can
do two things - either you can call the initialization functions (HT*Init())
directly or if you like to customize the initialization - you can copy the
contents of these files and modify it to fit your needs.

World Wide Web Consortium, MIT/LCS NE43-356