[Request] free's should set ptr to null?

From: Sacha <sacha@clip.dia.fi.upm.es>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 1996 12:43:14 +0200 (MET DST)
To: www-lib@w3.org

Hi,

I know HT_FREE sets the passed ptr to NULL, could this be done
for all the other free functions (like HTGuess_free etc) too?
I guess you'd still get the same old segmentation faults (or
whatever the Windows equivalent is - MSsegfault?) but it would
tighten things up a bit, and would provide a way of testing
whether your object was really freed (there may be circumstances
under which a free should not free).

Free at last,

Sacha.