beta release of libwww 4.1

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 1996 18:09:46 -0400
To: www-lib@w3.org

libwww 4.1b1 is now available. It is available from

	http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/Library/

As a result of using autoconf, we now have only one distribution file for
libwww and all the example applications.

We are currently recovering from a disk crash but the distribution file will
also be available from our FTP server as

	ftp://ftp.w3.org/pub/libwww/

It has a lot of new features so please try it out :-)

I will not be in for the next week, but Eric has promised to answer
questions in the mean time. Two special things to look out for:

	All MIME headers are now registered at startup. Make sure that your
	applications does that

	You also need to register a transport for writing to a socket. This
	is explained in the WWWTrans interface

Have fun,

Henrik