small source code samples using W3C Reference Library

From: <giza@hq.ileaf.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 95 08:39:32 PDT
To: www-lib@w3.org
Hello.  Where can I find small source code samples using the
W3C Reference Library?  The smallest I've found is the 5000ish
lines of code in "LineMode".  I've been struggling with the
"The User's Guide" and "The Internals and Programmer's Guide" but,
while they're useful, they don't capture the flow.

As an example, something which fetches the html file for a given
URL.

Thanks for any guidance.