Jigsaw as a caching proxy server

From: David Smiley <DSMILEY@mitre.org>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 06:10:22 -0700 (PDT)
To: www-jigsaw@w3.org

I am trying to use Jigsaw as a caching proxy server.
I followed the instructions here:
http://www.w3.org/Jigsaw/Doc/User/proxy.html
I got it working.  However, it seems to not be doing any caching (from wire
traffic observations), but it's possible I'm wrong.  Do I need to add the
"CacheFilter" or some other such component; and basically how is that done?

Might anyone recommend an alternative Java based caching proxy server (not
necessarily "production" grade but suitable for experimentation)?  What's
drawn me to Jigsaw is that it's Java and that it adheres to the HTTP caching
related specs well (from my observations of the source).

~ David Smiley
  MITRE