Re: Using Tomcat & WAR files under Jigsaw

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005, Simon Brooke wrote:

>> I wanted to have an automatic WAR indexer, based on the Zip indexer
>> to do that, but I didn't have time to do it, and with some WAR files
>> I tested, it was almost impossible to deploy them by automatic means
>> (most probably I use buggy ones :) ).
>> ANyway it's still on my todo list.
>
> Is this something other people could help with? I really like the admin
> facilities of Jigsaw, but I now package all my webapps as WAR files so
> I can't use it any more. I'm sure I could produce a WAR unpacker which
> would work with Jigsaw if I had a good handle on how the architecture
> is supposed to work.

Some documentation is available for programmers, but mostly the basic
extensions points (resources, frames, filters) [1]
A very high level doc is there at [2].
However documentation on writing indexers is almost not existent and is to
be found in the code.
However if you went to help, we can exchange usr this list.
Thanks,

[1] http://www.w3.org/Jigsaw/Doc/Programmer/Tutorials.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/Jigsaw/Doc/Programmer/design.html

--